scorecard

You Searched For "500 days of summer" and got 20 results

Sort By:

Business Insider Latest Story Image
6 mins read

We kept losing out on homes and were sick of renting. So we tricked out a $4,500 van to live in for the summer.

Ian and Mary Clare Armstrong were being pushed by their realtor to go $200,000 over budget. They pa…

Dan Latu   

5 mins read

Parisian Airbnb hosts are raking it in this summer as hotels suffer

A surge in Airbnb listings in Paris is likely helping keep hotel prices down.

Eliza Relman   

1 min read

The S&P 500 just flashed a bullish signal that suggests the stock market will hit record highs this summer

"To keep it very simple, this isn't something you see in a bear market and it means this early spri…

Matthew Fox   

3 mins read

Why meteorologists avoid afternoon and evening flights in the summer

Meteorologist Chris Bianchi was stuck overnight in LaGuardia Airport after he broke his travel book…

Morgan McFall-Johnsen   

6 mins read

Paris 2024 Olympics: What to know about the athletes and sports at the summer games

The 2024 Summer Olympics will kick off in Paris on July 26, and run until August 11. Here's what to…

Samantha Grindell   

4 mins read

Airbnb hosts are bracing for an unpredictable summer

To beat the competition, short-term-rental owners are turning to direct bookings and influencer sta…

Dan Latu   

1 min read

CHART OF THE DAY: Investors have yanked nearly $500 million from crypto funds this summer

The half a billion dollars in outflows have come amid recent legal victories in the crypto space an…

Phil Rosen   

6 mins read

Summer vacation is only getting more expensive for parents, with some spending thousands of dollars on camp: It's 'highway robbery'

Parents told BI that they're spending thousands to send their kids to camp or other summer care.

Juliana Kaplan,Madison Hoff   

3 mins read

Cruises are expensive but they're the best value. My family's cruise cost $3,500 less than a similar trip on land.

I recently saved thousands traveling Europe by sea instead of land. My cost breakdown proves cruise…

Amanda Adler   

3 mins read

My kids go to summer camp in Taipei. They get to learn Chinese and it's cheaper than in the US.

Sending my kids to camp in Taipei is cheaper than in the US. They get to practice Chinese, try new …

Virginia Duan   

3 mins read

I'm raising my kids in a town with fewer than 1,500 people. Cost of living is cheap, but we need to drive to find diversity.

My kids were born in Boston, but we moved to a town with less than 1,500 people. Everything is far …

Kelly Burch   

8 mins read

Wall Street big shots may be forced to cancel their summer vacations

Forget the Hamptons and put down the rosé: stubborn inflation and stock market volatility are makin…

Linette Lopez   

5 mins read

The 2 Koreas are poised for a summer of weird warfare, with poop balloons, blaring K-Pop songs, and floating $1 bills

With South Korean activists in the mix, the last month of inter-Korean conflict has seen choco pies…

Matthew Loh   

5 mins read

Billionaires are getting ready for summer with wildly spectacular superyachts

Superyachts, which can cost massive amounts, are the ultimate billionaire status symbol. From water…

Madeline Berg   

3 mins read

Parents are spending hundreds to have other people prep and pack their kids for summer camps that cost upward of $15,000

Some families are dropping hundreds of dollars on professional packers to prep their kids for expen…

Erin Snodgrass   

2 mins read

Stock market today: S&P 500 and Nasdaq close at record highs ahead of Fed meeting, May inflation report

Stocks rose ahead of the Fed's two-day policy meeting. Apple slipped 2% as the company unveiled its…

Matthew Fox   

2 mins read

4 reasons why the S&P 500 has another 5% upside this year, UBS says

Disinflation, Fed rate cuts, broader earnings, and continued AI investment will support a stock ral…

Filip De Mott   

2 mins read

Stock market today: S&P 500 closes at a record high as investors await the latest Fed decision, May CPI

The S&P 500 hit a record. Shares of Apple surged a day after its WWDC event, while traders braced f…

Filip De Mott   

2 mins read

CHART OF THE DAY: The S&P 500 is running into an obstacle that could make or break the bull rally

The 4,600 level on the S&P 500 has proved to be a stubborn resistance level for the index ever sinc…

Matthew Fox   

5 mins read

These 13 states — including Florida and Texas — opted out of a $2.5 billion federal food program that would help feed low-income kids this summer

Tens of millions of children face increased hunger during the summer months without the certainty o…

Erin Snodgrass