scorecard

You Searched For "2021 wnba draft" and got 20 results

Sort By:

Business Insider Latest Story Image
16 mins read

Becky Hammon's head coaching triumph with the WNBA's Las Vegas Aces was about 'proving myself right'

Becky Hammon's former coaches, former San Antonio Spurs colleagues, and current players all knew wh…

Meredith Cash   

9 mins read

Brittney Griner's absence could have sent the Mercury into retrograde. Instead, big off-season additions have kept Phoenix a WNBA title favorite

The Mercury promised to be a juggernaut for the 2022 WNBA season. But Phoenix's off-season success …

Meredith Cash   

2 mins read

Sabrina Ionescu was a 'huge fan' of Naomi Osaka before the pair of superstars formed a friendship

The WNBA star told Insider she and Osaka are "always supporting each other and just rooting for eac…

Meredith Cash   

4 mins read

Athletes Unlimited basketball signs 5 WNBA stars for inaugural season in Las Vegas

2021 WNBA All-Star Courtney Williams headlines a list of WNBA players and former college stars head…

Meredith Cash   

2 mins read

Diana Taurasi says Team USA vs Team WNBA in this year's WNBA All-Star Game is 'really a crapshoot'

"That All-Star team is loaded!" Diana Taurasi told Insider. "Neither team will have any practice, s…

Meredith Cash   

9 mins read

'The new Atlanta Dream': How the wayward WNBA franchise convinced top talent to embark on a total rebuild

Newly-hired GM Dan Padover, President and COO Morgan Shaw Parker, and co-owner Suzanne Abair spoke …

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

Candace Parker and Sue Bird talk testing their acting chops and trolling Steph Curry in CarMax commercials

Candace Parker and Sue Bird spoke to Insider about their hilarious new CarMax commercial and the si…

Meredith Cash   

2 mins read

A 3x3 basketball star won Olympic gold exactly one year after walking for the first time following a traumatic injury

A star for the WNBA's Las Vegas Aces, Kelsey Plum tore her Achilles tendon just one month before th…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

Kevin Durant is a big fan of the WNBA and says the league's MVP frontrunner 'reminds me of myself'

"I enjoy watching the WNBA," KD told Insider. "I follow all the girls and try to keep up with the b…

Meredith Cash   

1 min read

A WNBA rookie scored her first professional points after missing Stanford graduation to play with her new team

Seattle Storm point guard Kiana Williams - who was drafted 11 days after winning an NCAA title - ce…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

Sabrina Ionescu is only 6 games into her WNBA career, but she's already proving she's ready to be the league's next big star

Sabrina Ionescu notched the 10th triple-double in WNBA history Tuesday night, making her the younge…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

A photo shows Kobe Bryant and Tamika Catchings together as kids 35 years before they made it into the Hall of Fame at the same time

Decades after they became childhood friends, WNBA icon Tamika Catchings and NBA legend Kobe Bryant …

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

Sabrina Ionescu wants a second rookie year after an injury ended her first season 3 games in, but the WNBA won't budge

"For me, this is my first year," Sabrina Ionescu told Insider. "But for the league, I guess it's no…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

WNBA star Sabrina Ionescu got 'goosebumps' when players spoke out against inequality at the NCAA women's tournament

The reigning NCAA triple-double queen saw herself in players at this year's March Madness, and not …

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

A-Rod's $1.5 billion Minnesota Timberwolves purchase includes the WNBA's Lynx - but you wouldn't know it from his statement

Alex Rodriguez and his business partner didn't mention the four-time WNBA champion Minnesota Lynx u…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

WNBA teams to combat racial and health inequities through a one-of-a-kind partnership with US healthcare giant

The New York Liberty, Los Angeles Sparks, Atlanta Dream, and Indiana Fever have struck up a histori…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

Diana Taurasi 'didn't think about retiring' or joining a new team despite entering her 17th WNBA season

"When they say my name, I want them to say the Phoenix Mercury and vice-versa," the 38-year-old Tau…

Meredith Cash   

2 mins read

A WNBA star described 'spitting up blood' and losing 32 pounds due to lingering impact of COVID-19

Asia Durr has lost 32 pounds and struggled to leave bed in the seven months since her COVID-19 diag…

Meredith Cash   

1 min read

Sabrina Ionescu is back in the gym after her season-ending ankle injury, and her shooting stroke looks smoother than ever

Former Oregon Ducks superstar and No. 1 WNBA draft pick Sabrina Ionescu is back after spraining her…

Meredith Cash   

14 mins read

How a 25-year-old former college baseball player became a leading fashion designer for women's sports stars

25-year-old John Thomas has created pieces for WNBA superstars, Olympic medalists, and coaching leg…

Meredith Cash