scorecard

You Searched For "2020 wnba playoffs" and got 20 results

Sort By:

Business Insider Latest Story Image
3 mins read

WNBA players were forced to sleep in an airport after their team's flight was delayed, reinvigorating the debate over commercial travel

The Los Angeles Sparks' travel woes came at the end of the regular season as the team fights for on…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

Warriors star Draymond Green says 'NBA players support the WNBA more than we probably support' our own league

Two-time WNBA champ and three-time league MVP Lisa Leslie discussed the WNBA pay gap with LeBron Ja…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

Some NBA arenas will become 2020 voting locations as part of the players' deal to resume the playoffs

The NBA announced new commitments to voting rights and social justice after several teams went on s…

Grace Panetta   

3 mins read

The shorthanded Phoenix Mercury unexpectedly kept up with the WNBA's top team — until yet another stroke of bad luck thwarted their efforts

The Mercury started the playoffs without Brittney Griner, Diana Taurasi, and Skylar Diggins-Smith. …

Meredith Cash   

2 mins read

A WNBA superstar doled out a no-look, behind-the-back inbounds pass that may be the best assist of the year

A breakdown of Chelsea Gray's incredible assist from under the basket shows just how stunning a fea…

Meredith Cash   

4 mins read

Sue Bird said her legacy is 'already written' and described her last 2 WNBA championships as bonuses because she's playing 'on borrowed time'

"I literally shouldn't be here," Sue Bird said. "These last two championships, especially this one,…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

A WNBA player has a signature shoe for the first time in a decade, a milestone players say is long overdue

Storm superstar Breanna Stewart became the league's first player with a signature sneaker since Can…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

Google will bring WNBA games to national TV as the latest corporate giant to tap into women's sports surge

As one of four official "WNBA Changemakers," Google joins an exclusive group of brands that "lead t…

Meredith Cash   

1 min read

A'ja Wilson won the WNBA MVP award and issued a tearful thank you to her Las Vegas Aces teammates

"I wouldn't be this without you guys," A'ja Wilson said after winning WNBA MVP. "I wouldn't be who …

Meredith Cash   

4 mins read

The WNBA's Diana Taurasi is making a strong case to be this season's MVP — 16 years after her debut

Diana Taurasi ranks in the WNBA's top 10 in points, assists, and free-throw percentage. She's 38 ye…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

Diana Taurasi 'didn't think about retiring' or joining a new team despite entering her 17th WNBA season

"When they say my name, I want them to say the Phoenix Mercury and vice-versa," the 38-year-old Tau…

Meredith Cash   

2 mins read

Rays breakout star who made a jaw-dropping catch flipping over a wall says he enjoyed his home run more because it 'didn't hurt'

Manny Margot said he "definitely" enjoyed his home run more because "the home run didn't hurt, and …

Meredith Cash   

6 mins read

Basketball legend Candace Parker balances life as an athlete, analyst, and mom, and still finds time to give back

WNBA star Candace Parker spoke with Insider after surprising young Chicago athletes via The DICK'S …

Meredith Cash   

16 mins read

How the masterminds behind the WNBA's bubble successfully avoided an outbreak in the heart of a COVID-19 hotspot

Here's the story of the WNBA bubble, as told by WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert, Lynx star Naphee…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

WNBA players united to read a statement slamming the charges in the Breonna Taylor case

In a statement on behalf of WNBA players, Lynx star Napheesa Collier called the non-indictment of B…

Meredith Cash   

3 mins read

WNBA superstar Breanna Stewart hoped she had broken her ankle after sustaining an injury considered a 'kiss of death' for professional athletes

"I was like 'I think I just ruptured my Achilles,'" she said on Kelley O'Hara's podcast. "I could o…

Meredith Cash   

2 mins read

WNBA star Layshia Clarendon describes facing a flight attendant's 'ingrained racism' on the way home from the league's bubble

New York Liberty point guard Layshia Clarendon said the attendant was surprised they would be seate…

Meredith Cash   

2 mins read

The WNBA's Washington Mystics wore shirts with bullet holes while leading the league to strike for Jacob Blake

WNBA players are striking after the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a Black man whom Kenosha, Wisco…

Meredith Cash   

7 mins read

Racial injustice brought the sports world to a halt. Here's where the historic fight is headed next.

After NBA teams went on strike during playoff games, the WNBA, MLS, and MLB followed suit, with no …

Scott Davis   

3 mins read

WNBA players have forced the league to postpone Wednesday night's games: 'We stand in solidarity with our brothers in the NBA' against police brutality

The WNBA players' move to boycott Wednesday's slate comes after protests erupted around the country…

Meredith Cash