scorecard

You Searched For "2019 coronavirus" and got 20 results

Sort By:

Business Insider Latest Story Image
5 mins read

How to identify new revenue streams and successful ventures for your business

There's more than one way for a company to generate revenue, and now's the time for businesses to e…

Erica Sweeney   

2 mins read

Even with outdoor dining, 87% of NYC restaurants couldn't pay their full rent in August

A survey of over 450 restaurants found that only 40% got a rent waiver during the pandemic. Indoor …

Juliana Kaplan   

3 mins read

Business Insider   

6 mins read

Norman Miller   

1 min read

Laura Cascado   

5 mins read

How to celebrate Halloween with your kids while staying safe during COVID-19, according to an epidemiologist

Dr. Syra Madad is an infectious diseases epidemiologist in NYC. Her and her family will have a soci…

Syra Madad   

Laura Casado   

1 min read

Juliana Kaplan   

9 mins read

Inside teachers' first week back in US classrooms: Nerves, disorganization, and exhaustion

The coronavirus pandemic upended the American school year. Insider spoke to a dozen teachers across…

Monica Humphries,Juliana Kapl…   

1 min read

An inside look at what it's like to be a Harvard freshman living in a dorm during the coronavirus pandemic

After she left, she entered into what the school calls "phase one" of quarantine: She wasn't allowe…

Juliana Kaplan   

4 mins read

I led treatment of the first confirmed COVID-19 case in the US. We need universal mask wearing — here's how we can get everyone to wear one.

"As human beings, we take cues from people around us. If almost everybody is wearing a mask, some p…

Dr. Amy Compton-Phillips   

3 mins read

Unemployment diary: I'm a 51-year-old bartender in Kansas who's been out of work since March

"Food was running out; money was running out. It took about three months to start getting unemploym…

Jill Dutton   

3 mins read

Unemployment diary: I'm a 29-year-old magazine editor-in-chief in Alabama who's been out of work since July

"It's a weird feeling when you've been in a top role and are thriving in your career, then suddenly…

Nick Dauk   

3 mins read

Unemployment diary: I'm a 61-year-old event planner in Connecticut who's been out of work since March

"It's just crumbling. Everyone's been let go. Before being laid off, I spent a full two weeks just …

Leah Feiger   

3 mins read

Unemployment diary: I'm a 31-year-old youth care worker in Delaware who's been out of work since July

"Having my wife and kids here, not treating me like I lost my job, is the only reason I stayed sane…

Taylor Goebel   

3 mins read

Unemployment diary: I'm a 21-year-old Disney World intern in Idaho who's been out of work since April

"What scares me about applying for jobs is the possibility of a second wave, since cases are defini…

Meira Gebel   

3 mins read

Unemployment diary: I'm a 34-year-old bartender, teaching assistant, and retail worker in Hawaii who's been out of work since April

"I've developed depression and started seeing a therapist for that and other issues I'd been avoidi…

James Charisma   

3 mins read

I'm a 61-year-old carpenter in Iowa who's been losing customers since February. I'm starting to feel more confident about riding it out.

"It's a scary situation. I'm 61— it'll be hard to find a company that's going to want to hire me fo…

Nick Dauk   

2 mins read

Unemployment diary: I'm a 50-year-old business development director in Kentucky who's been out of work since August

"It seems grim right now with the jobs currently available. I haven't had any callbacks or intervie…

Nick Dauk   

2 mins read

Unemployment diary: I'm a 27-year-old public relations manager in Massachusetts who's been out of work since March

"The hardest part has been worrying about the pandemic and the way it's being handled at the highes…

Business Insider