scorecard

You Searched For "117 years old" and got 20 results

Sort By:

Business Insider Latest Story Image
2 mins read

World’s oldest person Maria Branyas Morera passes away at 117; Japan’s 116-year-old Tomiko Itooka now oldest

Maria Branyas Morera, the world's oldest person, has passed away at 117. Her life spanned major his…

5 mins read

We took trips on a year-old Norwegian Cruise Line ship and a 25-year-old one. The differences show the evolution of the industry.

We took trips aboard a newer and older Norwegian cruise ship. The differences clearly show the evol…

Brittany Chang,Taylor Rains   

1 min read

Virat Kohli receives ICC ODI Player of the Year 2023 award

The official handle of ICC took to Instagram on Saturday morning to post a video of Virat being giv…

ANI   

3 mins read

NASA's James Webb telescope spotted a strange 13 billion-year-old galaxy that shouldn't exist

The galaxy could re-write what we know about how dark matter shaped the early universe.

Marianne Guenot   

8 mins read

234-year-old company EID Parry is only a tad more valuable than year-old unicorn GlobalBees

Chennai-based EID Parry is the oldest company in the 2022 Burgundy Private Hurun India 500 list of …

3 mins read

15 years after 'officially' retiring its first stealth jet, the US Air Force is looking for help to keep the F-117 flying for another decade

As the world's first stealth warplane, the F-117 Nighthawk has always had an air of mystery around …

Michael Peck   

2 mins read

ODI rankings: Young opener Ishan Kishan jumps 117 places to 37

Star India batter Virat Kohli has moved up two rungs to the eighth position, while young opener Ish…

PTI   

5 mins read

The Russian navy's surprising losses against Ukraine are reminders of another humiliating defeat 117 years ago

Russia's embarrassing naval losses against Ukraine come a little over a century after another Russi…

Benjamin Brimelow   

2 mins read

Japan is sending a 'sugar baby' to prison for 9 years for defrauding men out of $1M and selling a manual on how to do it

Japanese 'sugar baby' Mai Watanabe was sentenced to 9 years in prison for defrauding men on dating …

Joshua Zitser   

The most legendary mochi in LA is made in this 117-year-old-shop

The art of making mochi is no easy feat, according to current owner Brian Kito, who says it took hi…

4 mins read

The most legendary mochi in LA is made in this 117-year-old-shop

Fugetsu-Do Confectionary first opened in 1903. It is now considered the oldest shop in LA's Little …

Conner Blake,Joe Avella   

1 min read

Tiger Woods' 13-year-old son, Charlie, is already out-driving his iconic father

"I hate to say it, but I'm going to admit it. He finally did it a few weeks ago," Woods told NBC du…

Barnaby Lane   

3 mins read

Highland Park shooting suspect indicted on 117 counts, including murder and attempted murder

The 21-year-old suspect is accused of killing seven people and injuring dozens of others during an …

Kathleen Foody and Claire Savage of the Associated Press   

4 mins read

I spent years considering van life and finally embarked on a 2-week trip last fall. 5 months later, I'm still dreaming of the lifestyle.

Business Insider's author is still dreaming about selling her belongings, buying a van, and living …

Monica Humphries   

2 mins read

Nancy Pelosi is re-elected as Speaker of the House by new Congress

The newly sworn-in 117th Congress voted Sunday to re-elect Nancy Pelosi to another term as speaker …

Yelena Dzhanova   

2 mins read

San Diego man tests positive for new, more contagious UK variant of COVID-19

A 30-year-old man was discovered to have the variant despite no recent history of traveling to the …

Charles Davis   

5 mins read

I'm a flight instructor who converted an old cargo plane into an Airbnb and home for my students. See how I did it.

Jon Kotwicki, a flight instructor in Alaska, bought a 117-foot-wide cargo plane and converted it in…

Alyshia Hull   

5 mins read

Meet a 70-year-old former pastor who started a painting business just 2 weeks after retiring because his stock investments are tanking

Former pastor Joe Mlaker started a business two weeks after retiring because his portfolio was suff…

Jacob Zinkula   

2 mins read

29-year-old guard who left the Celtics for $78 million from the Knicks is seemingly out to destroy Boston

After leaving the Celtics in free agency for the Knicks, Evan Fournier has exploded in games agains…

Scott Davis   

2 mins read

Meet the richest person in Taiwan, who built an $11.7 billion fortune by making shoes for brands like Nike and Vans — and started it all on a pig farm

Zhang started his first shoe business on a pig farm next to paddy fields in Taiwan. Today, the foun…

Waiyee Yip